Paramour w/ TF-204 MagnaQuest output transformer

mrclassicman · 8433

Offline mrclassicman

Reply #15 on: December 04, 2020, 08:25:19 AM
Thanks for the clarification Doc! If someone were unaware plugging a real 300B my amp would not prove to be good. All in all I am going back to the 2A3 as I have several from some  Seths that I built. The last time I was played by a marketing ploy was at the dealership. They professed to my wife that she needed a 4 wheel alignment. So they could charge more than the inadequate two wheel alignment!

Terry

Offline mrclassicman

Reply #16 on: December 04, 2020, 08:33:35 AM
Voltage will rise with no load. I did the calculation and got 474 volts, so you're fine as far as I can see.
Thanks Paul, I had a gut feeling that this was the case. But I am being ultra cautious, probably to my detriment. I have to figure out how to expose the circuit with the tubes installed so I don't melt or break anything else. lol With the Foreplay or Seduction you could just flip the panel over in the base. The  2A3 is too tall for that to be as easy as that. I can't thank you enough for taking all this time for my problem!

Terry

Offline kgoss

Reply #17 on: December 05, 2020, 05:22:50 AM
I put the case on two stacks of books or something sturdy that is tall enough to let the tubes clear the table. Then with the case supported at the edge by the books invert the chassis plate and put it into the case. It is secure but easy to do voltage checks with the tubes installed.

Ken Goss

Offline mrclassicman

Reply #18 on: December 05, 2020, 07:09:28 AM
Great idea, plan! I will have to clear enough space on my work bench. At this point that phrase is not truly accurate as ground Zero is more to the point! lol. If I were doing a lot more of this I would build a rotisserie! But I think your idea is spot on for this case! Thanks for the input!

Terry