Is there a thread of completed projects (to see how people finished the wood)?

canonken · 1541

Offline Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
The hammered paint looks great, just be sure to let it dry 2-3 weeks before building out the kit.

For powder coating, any powder coating shop around you likely runs black several times per week and would throw your panel in inexpensively.  I suggest bringing cash and saying you don't need any paperwork.

Paul "PB" Birkeland

Bottlehead Grunt & The Repro Man

Offline oguinn

I took my chassis plates and bell covers to a motorcycle repair shop and they powder coated in any color I wanted. They even stripped the coating off and did it again when I realized I didn’t like the way one looked.

Jameson O'Guinn

-

Main System: Schiit Bifrost MB, Rega Planar 6 with Exact cartridge, Eros 2, BeePre, Kaiju/Stereomour II, Jagers, Mainline

Desktop System: Crack with Speedball

Offline canonken

Thanks Paul!  Good advice on the trying time.  And the 'off the book' work ;)

oguinn - how much did that run you?  I worry they are not going to want to do any work under $50 or the like.

Offline oguinn

I had them do four or five over a couple years and got to know the shop owner. I want to say it was about $50 per, but that was with a candy finish that took two coats.

Jameson O'Guinn

-

Main System: Schiit Bifrost MB, Rega Planar 6 with Exact cartridge, Eros 2, BeePre, Kaiju/Stereomour II, Jagers, Mainline

Desktop System: Crack with Speedball