Addicted

Markkr · 1088

Offline oguinn

Reply #15 on: February 19, 2021, 03:31:30 PM
Yeah, they’re prebuilt and finished. You could email Clark and see what he thinks timelines look like to get stuff back in stock. I emailed him once and he called to chat for 20-30 minutes. Real nice guy.

Jameson O'Guinn

-

Main System: Schiit Bifrost MB, Rega Planar 6 with Exact cartridge, Eros 2, BeePre, Kaiju/Stereomour II, Jagers, Mainline

Desktop System: Crack with Speedball

Offline fullheadofnothing

• Global Moderator
  • A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man
Reply #16 on: February 19, 2021, 03:43:49 PM
Yikes, the "new" packing room doesn't have tunes?!? I guess I quit the packing racket at the right time.

And for the OP's question: I use Orcas as my living room speakers, for TV, movies, and background music. I also worked in the old packing room for many years. Neither of those systems had/has a sub. I guess I'm missing some stuff, but I don't miss it, if you dig.

Orcas image really well and have a nice clarity. They are quite headphone like, especially in a nearfield setup.

Joshua Harris

I Write the Manuals That Make The Whole World Sing
Kit Packer Emeritus

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #17 on: February 20, 2021, 07:20:51 AM
Yeah, I know you would have gone on strike. Difference is you set up the system yourself. Eileen waits for me to do it. And waits.
Actually she cranks up the tunes in her office which is right next door, or I crank the system upstairs. Our neighbor only shows up about twice a week for an hour so we can get pretty obnoxious with the sound levels.

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.