New Crack Build

jwilliams79 · 1426

Offline Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
Reply #15 on: September 10, 2021, 11:03:07 AM
If you turn the pot all the way up, what is the DC resistance between the left RCA center pin and A2? What about right RCA center pin and A7? (do this with the amp off)

Paul "PB" Birkeland

Bottlehead Grunt & The Repro Man

Offline jwilliams79

Reply #16 on: September 10, 2021, 11:32:43 AM
Paul,
 I did another resistance check, got over the limit and have a loose black wire. So Ill be soldering the loose wire. Should I reflow  all black wires ?

Offline Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
Reply #17 on: September 10, 2021, 11:34:57 AM
I would reflow all the joints other than the ones with the LEDs and the power switch.

Paul "PB" Birkeland

Offline jwilliams79

Reply #18 on: September 10, 2021, 01:12:58 PM
That's what I'll do. I just reflowed the one that was really loose and still over the limit.

Offline jwilliams79

Reply #19 on: September 10, 2021, 04:37:28 PM
I got it working. I reflowed some ground connections, tightened up the loose rca, and used my usb dac as my source. Audionote pot is good and the amp is awesome.  Makes 10$ headphones sound good.
Thanks for the help PB. What checks are necessary or precautionary steps to protect my headphones? Do a resistance check before turning on ?   

Offline Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
Reply #20 on: September 11, 2021, 04:42:32 AM
What checks are necessary or precautionary steps to protect my headphones? Do a resistance check before turning on ?
The resistance check won't change unless there's a flaky solder joint, and if you've reheated all of them I wouldn't worry about that. 

Paul "PB" Birkeland