Moreplay add ons - were there still any upgrades planned?

twofires · 1934

Offline Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
Reply #15 on: March 06, 2024, 11:08:11 AM
Gain increases just slightly, though I will have to measure the stock one I have here vs. the modded one to say exactly by how much.  I could go either way on the top plate, but I'm leaning towards not offering that since there isn't any thing particularly nebulous about how the controls operate vs. the stock amp.  We have done stickers in the past, and I could see possibly designing a short sticker to go across the entire top panel to provide some labels, but ultimately that will have to be something we discuss before officially launching the product. 

Paul "PB" Birkeland

Bottlehead Grunt & The Repro Man

Offline Mucker

Reply #16 on: March 06, 2024, 01:05:16 PM
Roger that. Great job on the progress! Oh and is the 6K6 going to be a drop in? I'm using a few sets with the stock setup.

Offline Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
Reply #17 on: March 06, 2024, 01:28:13 PM
The heater current restrictions of the stock circuit can be slightly lightened with this upgrade, especially if you are drawing less current.  I don't immediately see any issues with using a 6K6 with this upgrade board.

Paul "PB" Birkeland

Offline Mucker

Reply #18 on: March 06, 2024, 01:39:28 PM
Nice! Thanks for the feedback.

Offline hmbscott

Reply #19 on: March 07, 2024, 04:00:36 PM
I'm excited! I'm wondering how tall that board will be with the heat sink and all?

I've got bigger than standard caps and I'm wondering if I should make my new walnut bases a bit taller to make some extra space for this upgrade.

BTW, if anyone wants to make their own custom chassis plate for this, I'm willing to design it for you, I've got all the dimensions so it's only a few minutes of time for me. It's gonna be on you to approve the drawing and order it though.

Scott
[Ortofon 2M Bronze > U-Turn Theory > Eros II] & [iMac via USB > Denafrips Ares 2] >> Moreplay >> Schiit Lokius EQ >> Stereomour II >> Hsu ULS-15 Sub >> homemade DML Speakers
Moreplay 2nd out >> [Crack + Speedball > HD 650]

Offline Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
Reply #20 on: March 08, 2024, 05:45:10 AM
I'm excited! I'm wondering how tall that board will be with the heat sink and all?
It fits in the base as long as you have the rubber feet on the base. 

I've got bigger than standard caps and I'm wondering if I should make my new walnut bases a bit taller to make some extra space for this upgrade.
There will be some open terminals across the front of the octal tube sockets if you want to move them there.

Paul "PB" Birkeland

Offline joegibney

Reply #21 on: March 08, 2024, 08:53:24 AM
This is exciting, I'm ready to order.

Offline timindq

Reply #22 on: March 19, 2024, 03:32:09 PM
Ya know what would be a great idea? Offer a 10% discount on a new kit with the upgrades included. Just a thought.

I'd be happy to build another Moreplay.

Source: Lumin D2 with SBooster power supply, 2tb SSD attached to Lumin, Pre: Moreplay, Amp: Bryston 2bSST, Speakers: Joseph Audio RM22XL. Setup in large, well treated dedicated listening space.

Offline denti alligator

Reply #23 on: March 22, 2024, 05:42:48 AM
I like the idea of a plate or sticker with labels for the knobs. My two cents. Will buy either way.

- Sam

Rega P3-24 (w/AT 150MLX) w/Groovetracer upgrades / Eros II / FLAC >J.River >DSD256 >Gustard X20 / Moreplay > Stereomour II / Klipsch Forte II w/Crites upgrades / C4S S.E.X. 2.0 +Nickel MQ Iron / Speedball Crack / Sennheiser HD600 w/Cardas cable

Offline AG

Reply #24 on: March 23, 2024, 05:45:12 AM
I like the idea of a plate or sticker with labels for the knobs. My two cents. Will buy either way.
check this one.
https://forum.bottlehead.com/index.php?topic=15082.0

Andre.

“Without music life would be a mistake”

Offline 2wo

• Test
Reply #25 on: March 23, 2024, 05:34:10 PM
Andre, I was looking for those but forgot that it was you that posted them. To my mind they have just the right look.

Would you consider sharing?... John

John Scanlon

Offline denti alligator

Reply #26 on: April 27, 2024, 05:00:21 AM
Any updates on this project?

- Sam

Rega P3-24 (w/AT 150MLX) w/Groovetracer upgrades / Eros II / FLAC >J.River >DSD256 >Gustard X20 / Moreplay > Stereomour II / Klipsch Forte II w/Crites upgrades / C4S S.E.X. 2.0 +Nickel MQ Iron / Speedball Crack / Sennheiser HD600 w/Cardas cable