Moreplay add ons - were there still any upgrades planned?

twofires · 18678

Offline Love Rhino

Reply #30 on: July 09, 2024, 05:56:38 PM
I'm planning on the Moreplay being my next kit, and would prefer to grab everything together if there is an upgrade on the way.  Especially if there is a bundle or discount planned!  *Hint Hint*

:)

Hoping for some news!

Offline smittyny

Reply #31 on: July 28, 2024, 10:40:19 AM
Any update on the update? Thinking of building a Moreplay, but wondering if I should wait on the upgrade...

Offline Love Rhino

Reply #32 on: August 15, 2024, 03:35:55 PM
I'm working on the photos and manual for this upgrade right now.  It will not be ready by this Sunday.

-PB

Keeping this topic alive!  Definitely interested in the Moreplay as my next kit. :)

Offline adeep42

Reply #33 on: August 16, 2024, 07:25:08 AM
I'm an extremely happy Moreplay owner also waiting for upgrades.

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #34 on: August 16, 2024, 03:29:38 PM
I'm headed to Bonneville next week. Right now I am knee deep in carb jets and nitrous bottles. When we get back in September I plan to schedule some time with PB so we can get the upgrade manual finished up.

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Offline 2wo

• Test
Reply #35 on: August 16, 2024, 05:54:50 PM
Best of luck on the salt...John

John S.

Offline Thermioniclife

Reply #36 on: August 17, 2024, 02:55:28 AM
Best wishes on the flats, keep the shiny side up and please post pic's and vid if available. Bring your sun block!

Lee R.

Offline joegibney

Reply #37 on: August 17, 2024, 11:38:25 AM
Nice to know others him my same obsessions!

Offline joegibney

Reply #38 on: August 17, 2024, 11:39:19 AM
Have

Offline Ufahkah

Reply #39 on: September 11, 2024, 05:45:14 PM
Does that mean I might be better to wait for the upgrade? I'm keen to have a crack at the Moreplay, given my lack of building experience, need for a decent preamp and fairly substantial supply of 6V6 and 7C5. I also live in Australia, so am curious about what parts come in the kits and whether I need to purchase power transformers seperately.

Offline Paul Joppa

• Global Moderator
Reply #40 on: September 11, 2024, 06:44:46 PM
We recommend building Bottlehead products in the basic (stock) form first, and then listen to it for a few weeks before implementing upgrades. It's easier to build and easier to debug and fix any problems that way. And it's very interesting to hear the difference an upgrade makes. The upgrade manual assumes you have a working stock build to start with. There is no manual for building an upgraded version in one go.

The power transformer can be wired for 220 or 240 volts @ 50-60Hz. (Or 100 or 120v, but you don't care about those ... :^) You just need to provide an IEC power cord for your country's wall sockets, if they differ from the North American standard. Most people have a drawer full of such cords left over from old computers etc.

Paul Joppa

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #41 on: September 12, 2024, 04:41:41 AM
PB and I have scheduled a day to get the Moreplay upgrade manual images and instructions done the weekend after next. I will get it edited and ready to go as soon as possible after that.

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.