Purple Paramount!

debk · 12562

Offline debk

Reply #15 on: December 25, 2012, 04:01:15 AM
Replaced the Solen Silver caps with a 10uf Clarity Cap MR's (they are big suckers)

I felt the Solens were a little muddy sounding in the mid range.  The clarity Caps sound much more transparent.  I like it much better

I know I didn't give the Solen Silver caps much time, but the difference with the clarity caps is not small and i assume will only get better as they burn in

Happy Holidays

Deb

Debra K

Eros 2Phono amp
BeePre2, Psvane ACME 300b
Kaiju, Linlai Elite  300b
Monamour 2a3 amps various tubes
Sota Sapphire, Pete Riggle Woody Tonearm, Kiseki Purpleheart Cartridge
Rega P6 Ania Pro cartridge
Roon Nucleus
MHDT Labs Orchid DAC
Jager speakers

Offline Chris

Reply #16 on: December 25, 2012, 01:23:00 PM
Just want to say , (WITHOUT BEING SEXIST) , that i think it is EXTREMELY awesome that this forum has a female kicking diy audio butt like YOU......and i agree with your purple choice... i chose and worked with purpleheart wood for an audio project that just looked fabulous.. it is truly an amazing wood from good ol mother nature.... great choice, you have good taste... :)

Offline earwaxxer

Reply #17 on: December 25, 2012, 01:30:58 PM
Yes, I agree, that, It's yaa cool. And no sexism etc. Ya. Alright. Sorry - USA. Ahh, Ok, I'll shut up....

Eric
Emotiva XPA-2, Magnepan MMG (mod), Quickie (mod), JRiver, Wyrd4sound uLink, Schiit Gungnir, JPS Digital power cord, MIT power cord, JPS Labs ultraconductor wire throughout, HSU sub. powered by Crown.

Offline debk

Reply #18 on: December 25, 2012, 11:30:02 PM
Thank you guys!

Chris, I too love Purpleheart wood.  I used it on the bases of a pair of 300b DRD amps inbuilt and had my Sota TT made with Purpleheart

Thanks again for the kind word

Deb

Debra K

Eros 2Phono amp
Roon Nucleus
MHDT Labs Orchid DAC
Jager speakers

4krow

Reply #19 on: February 11, 2013, 12:50:18 PM
Deb, Yer killin' me here! I love the looks of your amp! And yes, I am a lover of the purpleheart wood as well. It does however, do bad things to my lungs. Must be very careful around it.
 And then I see Hanks amp. Good lord guys! Very Very nice stuff. Gives me something to shoot for.

Offline debk

Reply #20 on: February 11, 2013, 03:01:40 PM
Working with Purpleheart wood can be dangerous the dust can be toxic to some

Deb

Debra K

Eros 2Phono amp
Roon Nucleus
MHDT Labs Orchid DAC
Jager speakers

Offline kip.duff

Reply #21 on: August 03, 2016, 04:34:30 AM
Replaced the Solen Silver caps with a 10uf Clarity Cap MR's (they are big suckers)

I felt the Solens were a little muddy sounding in the mid range.  The clarity Caps sound much more transparent.  I like it much better

I know I didn't give the Solen Silver caps much time, but the difference with the clarity caps is not small and i assume will only get better as they burn in

Happy Holidays

Deb

Debk:
Looking at Paramount cap upgrade options (too many)- and there's a sale at PCX.  I see this post is old- but relevant to me now.  The original kit spec for the output/parafeed/Cpf cap is 3.3uF.  Your post states a value here of 10uF (Clarity Cap MR)- I would like to get a confirmation/advice for correct/prefered capacitance value before I order.  Where did you wind up for the coupling cap (Cc 0.1uF 630V) and cathode bypass cap (Ck 47uF 450V)?  Any advice appreciated- much thanks in advance, Kip.......

PS: I'm also building BeePre and Eros.

Dr. Feickert Blackbird II w Reed 2A tonearm and Lyra Skala cartridge.  Eros 2.  Audio Note DAC 2.1 Signature.  BeePre with BeeQuiet and Paramount 1.1 monoblocs into A7 VOTTs or Nagoaka folded horns.

Offline adeep42

Reply #22 on: August 03, 2016, 04:52:35 AM
Deb, have seen your posts around the forum and, I think on other forums. Woman or man, your work is fantastic. Would love to see pics of your whole system.

Best regards and keep up the great work,

Alan