Manual loading

Guest · 2122

4krow

on: July 26, 2012, 02:57:09 PM
this is about me trying to load the manual that is given on the cd sent with the quickie kit.  I     CAN   NOT     GET    MY    COMPUTER   TO 'PLAY' THIS DISC!! YES! I HAVE SPENT HOURS DOWNLOADING THE LATEST VERSION OF ADOBE READER    YES   I AM VERY FRUSTRATED RIGHT NOW. WHAT IS SO WRONG WITH AN 'OLD FASHIONED' MANUAL? FOR GUYS LIKE ME IT WOULD BE ONE LESS STEP IN TRYING TO FIGURE OUT TECHNOLOGY AND GET DOWN TO BUSINESS. is there a printed manual available?

Offline grufti

Reply #1 on: July 26, 2012, 03:07:47 PM
What does it say? Meaning: what exactly do you do? what happens next? what is the error message, if any?

4krow

Reply #2 on: July 26, 2012, 03:12:02 PM
thenks for the quick response.   it says/does nothing. Once it did ask me what program I wanted to use to open it, but nothing happened after that. It may be a 'preference' that I set wrong?

4krow

Reply #3 on: July 26, 2012, 03:20:54 PM
Ok, Mr. Wizard, I don't know what you did or how you did it, but it worked. VERY strange.       One more thing, I just happened to take my finger and wipe off the laser, real tech    huh. At least the problem was simple. Yah, I get very 'emotional' when tech stuff holds me up. Thanks again for the quick reply....I guess  I'll go release the hostages now.

Offline grufti

Reply #4 on: July 26, 2012, 03:54:07 PM
See! It's called remote intervention. I can always get it to work when there is a long enough distance between me and the failing machine.

I'm glad you found the problem. A searchable manual is actually a very nice thing.

My own stuff is another matter entirely. Running in the background while I type this is a process that might just recover a very corrupted hard drive, if the program manages to keep running for the next 48 or so hours.

Offline InfernoSTi

• Positive emotions enhance our musical experiences.
Reply #5 on: July 26, 2012, 04:36:54 PM
Hey, this sounds like an easy fix.  Any help with my Paramount build via "remote intervention" would be appreciated....

Best,
John

John Kessel
Hawthorne Audio AMT K2 Reference Speakers
Paramount 300B w/MQ All Nickel Iron,  Mundorf S/G 5.5 uF,  and  Vcap Teflon .1 uF
Auralic Taurus Preamp/Auralic Vega DAC/Auralic Aries Streamer
and lots of room treatments!

Offline earwaxxer

Reply #6 on: July 26, 2012, 04:45:16 PM
So Greg... I guess that means you got your Quickie today! Good luck my friend! God speed! And all that other stuff...

Eric
Emotiva XPA-2, Magnepan MMG (mod), Quickie (mod), JRiver, Wyrd4sound uLink, Schiit Gungnir, JPS Digital power cord, MIT power cord, JPS Labs ultraconductor wire throughout, HSU sub. powered by Crown.

4krow

Reply #7 on: July 27, 2012, 05:06:10 AM
Ya know, I think I got lucky. At first, when I looked at the purple color, I wondered. Then I found that brass and black go with it very well. But what shoes to wear is still a mystery

Offline tuffy_puppy

Reply #8 on: July 27, 2012, 05:07:12 AM
SSSHHHHHHH,  greg is thinking!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4krow

Reply #9 on: July 27, 2012, 05:14:08 AM
Actually, It is my mind that thinks. When it is done I try to put it down, but then it starts to bounce all over the place.