Current status

Doc B. · 19967

Offline earwaxxer

Reply #15 on: November 26, 2012, 03:07:03 PM
I'm kind of curious how the beepre will add to what what has been achieved by the Quickie.

Eric
Emotiva XPA-2, Magnepan MMG (mod), Quickie (mod), JRiver, Wyrd4sound uLink, Schiit Gungnir, JPS Digital power cord, MIT power cord, JPS Labs ultraconductor wire throughout, HSU sub. powered by Crown.

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #16 on: November 26, 2012, 03:47:40 PM
I'm kind of curious how the beepre will add to what what has been achieved by the Quickie.

Imagine that sweet, cute girl you had a crush on in high school. You were both young and learning about love, and it was very special. Something you will always cherish.
Now imagine the best f*** you ever had, where that amazingly skilled lover read your mind and your body better than you did, so deeply immersive and satisfying that you wish you could live that moment again, just one more time.

I know, it's a stretch, but that's kinda how I see it.

*These could maybe even be the same person at different times (not in my case), but even still those were probably at different times in the relationship - in which case the difference is due to the application of knowledge gained through experience.

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Offline corndog71

Reply #17 on: November 27, 2012, 04:54:04 PM

Imagine that sweet, cute girl you had a crush on in high school. You were both young and learning about love, and it was very special. Something you will always cherish.
Now imagine the best f*** you ever had, where that amazingly skilled lover read your mind and your body better than you did, so deeply immersive and satisfying that you wish you could live that moment again, just one more time.

I know, it's a stretch, but that's kinda how I see it.

*These could maybe even be the same person at different times (not in my case), but even still those were probably at different times in the relationship - in which case the difference is due to the application of knowledge gained through experience.

;D

The world was made for those not cursed with self-awareness.

Rob

Offline earwaxxer

Reply #18 on: November 28, 2012, 03:14:53 AM
That sounds like a step in the right direction!

Eric
Emotiva XPA-2, Magnepan MMG (mod), Quickie (mod), JRiver, Wyrd4sound uLink, Schiit Gungnir, JPS Digital power cord, MIT power cord, JPS Labs ultraconductor wire throughout, HSU sub. powered by Crown.

Offline dbishopbliss

Reply #19 on: November 28, 2012, 03:27:14 AM
Now imagine the best f*** you ever had...

I was wondering what happened to the sexual innuendo in the product names. Don't even try to tell me the "Bee" is for 300B, I now know its for "Best ...". 

David B Bliss
Bottlehead: Foreplay I, Foreplay III, Paramour I w/Iron Upgrade, S.E.X. w/Iron Upgrade
Speakers: FE127E Metronomes, Jim Griffin Jordan/Aurum Cantus Monitors, ART Arrays
Other: Lightspeed Attenuator, "My Ref" Rev C Amps, Lampucera DAC

Offline Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
Reply #20 on: December 04, 2012, 05:35:46 PM
Today we got in all the electrical parts except one resistor and one capacitor (they will arrive shortly).  We also received the final pair of panels that will be used for manual writing (yay).

I began construction of the first of those today, as we have to prove the minor changes to the layout, and I really like being able to work towards the known finished product when writing the manual. 

The revised layout distributes the density of components more evenly, which should make a drastically better build.  We also tinkered with the parts a little bit, mostly in an effort to improve overall quality and ease of construction.

Pictures will be forthcoming shortly, and for now we are impatiently awaiting the shipping notice for the PC boards so we can get the manual going and get these shipped ASAP.

-PB

Paul "PB" Birkeland

Bottlehead Grunt & The Repro Man

Offline Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
Reply #21 on: December 14, 2012, 03:04:09 PM
Josh and I got started on the BeePre manual on Wednesday, getting all the photography done for the PC boards.

Today, I built what will be the actual layout of the kit.  The small changes in the layout have come out really well and make this kit much easier to build and nice to look at from the bottom.

I believe Doc plans to put a few additional photos up highlighting these details shortly.

I also put in the final order for chassis plates today, since we confirmed that everything is where it should be.  Next week, we will finish the photography for the manual and begin packing so these can be ready to ship as soon as the manual is complete.

-PB

Paul "PB" Birkeland

Bottlehead Grunt & The Repro Man

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #22 on: December 20, 2012, 06:35:24 AM
PB and Josh pulled a long session yesterday and completed the construction of the production prototype. Josh plans to work on the manual over the next week, and we plan to get all the parts kitted so that when the panels arrive we can begin shipping, probably right after New Year's. I will try to get some underside photos up today.

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Offline Hank Murrow

• Potter loving music and tubes....
    • Hank Murrow's World of Ceramics
Reply #23 on: December 20, 2012, 06:41:16 AM
Do you anticipate that things will have settled down by Friday the 4th of January?
I hope to make a pilgrimage then, after I pack up my work from the gallery in Seattle.
I will check in when I get to Seattle.

Cheers, Hank in Eugene

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #24 on: December 20, 2012, 06:59:37 AM
I think things will be as settled as they ever get around here these days. Fridays are usually the best day to stop by.

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Offline johnsonad

Reply #25 on: January 06, 2013, 04:27:12 AM
I will try to get some underside photos up today.

Did I miss these photos? It sure would be nice to see what's under the hood :)

Aaron Johnson

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #26 on: January 08, 2013, 07:26:47 AM
Under the hood -

(https://www.bottlehead.com/sc_images/BeePreunderside.jpg)

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #27 on: January 08, 2013, 07:28:38 AM
The jack field. One can change jacks from RCA to XLR as needed. The black plugs cover holes where aftermarket input transformers may be mounted for balanced inputs.

(https://forum.bottlehead.com/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bottlehead.com%2Fsc_images%2Fbeeprejackfield.jpg&hash=cd8590c0abfa09ae6b23781163d5ff0b42f5f3d0)
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 01:16:26 PM by Doc B. »

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Offline Natural Sound

Reply #28 on: January 08, 2013, 08:19:31 AM
WOW... Sweet!

Offline Grainger49

Reply #29 on: January 08, 2013, 09:17:54 AM
Wow!  That is a nice layout.  Is this the first level 4 kit?