Assembly technique

dw · 2509

Offline dw

on: February 20, 2013, 04:57:58 PM
This has probably been mentioned before -
I found this to be very helpful on this build.

I have a computer screen at my build site, right next to the work. The intructions pdf file is open at the current build step
on one side of the build and a printed copy on the other. A glass of wine behind.
I use the printed copy to check off the steps I've made and underline stuff, like the pin and terminal numbers.
I use the computer screen to view and enlarge the pictures. The pictures are quite good quality.

Of course, my build may smoke when I power it up. If it does, I'll tell you, and you can ignore anything I've said.

- Dave

Offline earwaxxer

Reply #1 on: February 20, 2013, 05:04:27 PM
proper positioning of the glass of wine is probably the most important detail...

Eric
Emotiva XPA-2, Magnepan MMG (mod), Quickie (mod), JRiver, Wyrd4sound uLink, Schiit Gungnir, JPS Digital power cord, MIT power cord, JPS Labs ultraconductor wire throughout, HSU sub. powered by Crown.

Offline Grainger49

Reply #2 on: February 21, 2013, 12:46:48 AM
Dave, you are right.  I couldn't fit them all on my work table so I had the computer behind.  I had read through my instructions (Eros was my last build) and highlighted areas that I wanted to be sure to observe. 

Eric, the wine glass is positioned to the lips after successful completion of each step.