Crack with Speedball Troubleshooting

Mstyle · 4717

Offline Mstyle

Reply #15 on: October 31, 2013, 07:18:42 PM
Hey guys,

It's been a while since I've gone back to the Speedball troubleshooting since I've been frustrated with it and needed to take a break.

Anyway, I did as Caucasian Blackplate suggested and swapped the A and B boards. Before, the A board (left) had very faint LEDs while the B board (right) had the left LED brightly lit and the right LED not lit at all).

Now after swapping the boards, the B board (left now) has the left LED still brightly lit and the right LED not lit at all, while the A board (right now) remains with two dimly lit LEDs.

One thing to note is that a lead on the 237ohm resistor on that B board had snapped and I tried to affix it back using solder. Not sure if that did the trick or not. Is there a way to check if the resistor is working correctly using a DMM?

Thanks!

Offline Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
Reply #16 on: October 31, 2013, 07:51:15 PM

One thing to note is that a lead on the 237ohm resistor on that B board had snapped and I tried to affix it back using solder. Not sure if that did the trick or not. Is there a way to check if the resistor is working correctly using a DMM?

Thanks!

You can measure across the R1 pad on each board to get the resistance value - it will appear correctly even if the part is in the circuit.

At this point, I would pop the 22K resistors back on the terminal strip to see if you get the proper voltages, just to be 100% sure that everything else is working correctly.   

Paul "PB" Birkeland

Bottlehead Grunt & The Repro Man

Offline Mstyle

Reply #17 on: October 31, 2013, 08:21:46 PM
Okay that's a good suggestion. I'll give that a shot tomorrow and see how it goes.

Thanks again for all the help. I really appreciate it.