Boston has returned...

Chris · 4623

Offline Chris

on: December 21, 2013, 07:36:07 AM
YES!!! Boston has a new album out..... PTL.... Our beautiful G so graciously gave me what I already had many a year ago (the original Boston CBS half speed mastered) that I so IGNORANTLY traded for the "perfect forever" sound of CD many a year ago as well... And now, we are graced yet again with new material..This one being after Brad's NOT understandable suicide... However, I understand, he still will be on some of the tracks.....

Offline Chris

Reply #1 on: December 21, 2013, 07:55:29 AM
 Can  I beat these moronic wankers up?? Is it possible??  I HATE people who are NOBODY and surely NOT the designers of audio products NOR are they CREATORS of ANY Boston material , HOWEVER, SOMEHOW they feel entitled to review and THINK that people are going to care WTF  they think about the new Boston album??  As if someone like WE HAVENT lived through the era as well...  Whooaa.. I am sorry, got to cool the engines.. :)... UNFORTUNATELY,  the younger generations than I, just maybe listening and trusting these whoevers.. because??  They are on the INTERNET ONLY!!!   These guys super got on my nerves,  I DO very much apologize.. Chris  out...... http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=9Xn6R51g0ws...
« Last Edit: December 21, 2013, 08:19:56 AM by Chris »

Offline Grainger49

Reply #2 on: December 21, 2013, 08:02:28 AM
But, Chris, is it available on Vinyl?

Offline Chris

Reply #3 on: December 21, 2013, 08:16:15 AM
Yes it is my friend... SoundStage Direct is selling it "pre order" in 180g vinyl, 2 lps... but get this...for 35 bucks...  :o, maybe want to audition first... Sample on Amazon... OR just fall down on the floor looking like the cutest puppy to your wife and maybe she will get it for you for christmas!!... Either , because you look sooo cute , OR to stop you from being so weird.. Either way. it works the same....:)
« Last Edit: December 21, 2013, 08:44:51 AM by Chris »

Offline Grainger49

Reply #4 on: December 21, 2013, 08:58:00 AM
That is not bad for 2 LPs.  I consider $20 per LP the going price.

But I will sample them on Amazon.

Offline Chris

Reply #5 on: December 21, 2013, 09:32:56 AM
FWIW, I already love it on first listen... LOVE the lyrics from Tom to Brad... "For what it is worth, I never wanted to see you walk away. heaven on earth should be enough".... Ir is my speculation ONLY that Tom was thinking of Brad...

Offline Chris

Reply #6 on: December 21, 2013, 09:44:42 AM
And yes, you are right G... IF it is good and we like it, the price  of $35 is fair.. and I will add another $35 just to not see you roll around like a puppy in front of your wife!!  :)

Offline Natural Sound

Reply #7 on: December 21, 2013, 10:02:54 AM
I heard the CD at a friends house. The older stuff was WAY better. The sound production is amateurish and whats up with the drum mix? I'm a big fan of Boston. I used to go see them all the time when I lived on the east coast and I have several vinyl, CD's and some Hi Res recordings from them that I love. I'm going to pass on this one though. YMWV.

Offline Chris

Reply #8 on: December 21, 2013, 10:54:42 AM
Would LOVE to hear tunes from you NS.... YCAMV...your cool aid may vary.... just sayin' .. the point of my message....
« Last Edit: December 21, 2013, 02:49:42 PM by Chris »

Offline Natural Sound

Reply #9 on: December 21, 2013, 06:23:09 PM
Would LOVE to hear tunes from you NS.... YCAMV...your cool aid may vary.... just sayin' .. the point of my message....

I have no idea of what you are talking about. ???

Offline vetmed

Reply #10 on: December 22, 2013, 04:34:31 AM
AM radio station dreck, never could understand why people liked this group, and their first release in ten years does nothing to improve my opinion of them :o

Robert Lees

Robert Lees

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #11 on: December 22, 2013, 05:59:12 AM
It's pretty difficult to find two people who will agree about musical tastes. That said, let's remember to keep the conversation friendly.

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Offline vetmed

Reply #12 on: December 22, 2013, 06:54:38 AM
You're right about that Doc, never could understand why anyone would get their knickers in a twist over what someone else thinks about their musical taste ::)

Robert Lees

Robert Lees

Offline Grainger49

Reply #13 on: December 22, 2013, 06:59:03 AM
Yeah, Art Dudley is really down on Boston.  I think their music is really fun.  Who knows why someone needs to deride musical tastes. 

We are all different!

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #14 on: December 22, 2013, 08:02:35 AM
You're right about that Doc, never could understand why anyone would get their knickers in a twist over what someone else thinks about their musical taste ::)

Robert Lees

The distinction between "I think the music sucks" (which I tend to agree with) and "I can't understand why anyone would like it" is subtle. But in the first case it is an expression of one's opinion about the music. The second - even if not intended to be - might be construed as an expression of one's opinion about others here. Not a big deal, I respect the maturity of everyone participating in the thread. I simply have an obligation to keep the peace around here. Apologies if I seem like the overbearing schoolmarm.

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.