I Got My Headphones!!!!

Alonzo · 8520

Offline Dallas

Reply #15 on: March 29, 2014, 10:24:36 AM
@ Alonzo

How do you like the sound? What can (s) do you have for a point of reference? This looks like a fun project, to go with my Crack w/SB. I presently have  HD-650's and LOVE the sound but would also like a nice closed can.
Thanks!!

Offline Alonzo

• Not all those who wander are lost
Reply #16 on: March 29, 2014, 12:12:29 PM
They are good, for me they are a keeper where you need a closed back headphone.  I like the emphasis they give to mids and bass. Still need some break in time for the upper registers (when compared to my everyday can's HD-650's).  This may be just because I normally listen to open back cans, we'll see.  I plan on giving these a good month before deciding to "gift" them to a son or not.  I was surprised at how good they isolate you from other noise.  My wife is listening to a bad copy of South Pacific now and I would know it if I didn't have to turn on the amp for her.
My can collection:  SENN- 150, 598, 650  Grado 225i, a pair of Beats, Beyerdy DT 770.  I prefer open back now but these will stay connected to my Crack w/SB in my bedroom.  The only complaint would be that I have a big head and big ears, these aren't as comfortable as the DT770 for extended listening.

Alonzo
Gameroom:>Mainline to HD820, SR45 to Pipette
>BeePree Kaiju & SII to Altec 19 knockoffs
Office:>BH Stat amp to Koss 95x, T20 SET to JBL 4309s
Den:> MorePlay 845 SET to Altec Valencia's