Selector switch has four positions

rlb6v6 · 1179

Offline rlb6v6

on: April 17, 2014, 03:07:27 PM
After five days of use, getting more amazing everyday, I noticed that my selector switch has four positions.  Position 1 is my cd, Position 2 is my phono, Position 3 silent, (Input 3 is vacant), and the 4th position is the cd again. Wiring terminals were as in the instructions.
I have no problem with this arrangement, just a curiosity.
Anyone else get one of these?
Bob

Offline Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
Reply #1 on: April 17, 2014, 06:06:16 PM
If you remove the knob from the switch, undo the nut, and remove the lock washer, then slip the switch out of the plate, you'll then see a little metal ring on what would be the top of the switch.

This metal ring has a tab on it that sets the number of stops.  If it slips a position, you'll get position 1 twice, or potentially just position 1 and 2 (if it slips the other way).

There's no harm in leaving it as-is, or you can move the ring one position.  (Counterclockwise IIRC)

Paul "PB" Birkeland

Bottlehead Grunt & The Repro Man

Offline rlb6v6

Reply #2 on: April 18, 2014, 01:49:50 AM
Thanks Paul, I will correct it, didn't even realize that was possible.  I must add that the instructions are without a doubt the best of any I have seen!  I have built three guitar amp kits, one scratch built guitar amp and a few effects pedals.  NONE of which had the clarity that the BH instructions do.
Thanks to all involved in the production of these kits!
Bob

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #3 on: April 18, 2014, 04:41:40 AM
Thanks for the kind words, Bob!

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.