14   0
20   0
22   0

B3   2.9k
B6   2.9k

RCA jacks:
Ground plug   0
Center pin   100k

there is one more thing that I want to ask about soldering the component or the wire on the terminal, if I just solder a component on the upper part of a terminal while in the manual  says to solder it on the lower part of the terminal. Does it affect the circuit?

Online Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
Reply #1 on: November 03, 2015, 06:08:41 AM
1    36k
2    7.5k
3    0
4    7.5k
5    36k
6    2.4k
7    2.9k
8    0
9    2.9k
10   2.4k
12   0
13   7.5k
14   0
20   0
22   0

B3   2.9k
B6   2.9k

RCA jacks:
Ground plug   0
Center pin   100k

there is one more thing that I want to ask about soldering the component or the wire on the terminal, if I just solder a component on the upper part of a terminal while in the manual  says to solder it on the lower part of the terminal. Does it affect the circuit?
Your resistances don't look abnormal at first inspection, are there any that concern you?

If you start installing components above or below where they are supposed to go, you may end up with an amplifier that is more susceptible to shorts in the circuit.

-PB

Paul "PB" Birkeland

Bottlehead Grunt & The Repro Man

Offline evertzzz

Reply #2 on: November 04, 2015, 03:32:48 AM
Because in the manual, it is written that the resistance reading on terminal 1,2,4,5 will slowly be 270k ohm so i just think there might something wrong with the circuit. does that mean the resistance reading is all right?

actually, the fuse is blown(because of incomplete circuit) so i need to resupply it and I haven't done the voltage measurement. Must I resolder the all component back to the right place?

Online Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
Reply #3 on: November 04, 2015, 06:23:28 AM
Because in the manual, it is written that the resistance reading on terminal 1,2,4,5 will slowly be 270k ohm so i just think there might something wrong with the circuit. does that mean the resistance reading is all right?
The resistance value for 1, 2, 4, 5, and 13 is specified as "*".  The current manual was last revised about 2 years ago, so it seems reasonable to presume that you have the current version.  The text in the manual for "*" is:

The values signified with a * are going to
vary from ohmmeter to ohmmeter because these terminals are connected to the filter
capacitors, which try to charge themselves off the battery in the meter, causing a
fluctuating reading.

actually, the fuse is blown(because of incomplete circuit) so i need to resupply it and I haven't done the voltage measurement. Must I resolder the all component back to the right place?
I can't really answer this question.  If you haven't finished your build, or haven't installed all the components, then yes, the amplifier isn't going to work.  There isn't really any reason to proceed until the build is finished.

Paul "PB" Birkeland

Offline evertzzz

Reply #4 on: November 04, 2015, 11:25:23 PM
I have installed all the component and I have tried to insert the electricity but the fuse was blown. Any ideas for the cause?

Here are the photos of the crack that I have built.
The two of the four diode was soldered on the upper terminal, and the red wire that connect terminal 2 and 4 was soldered on the upper part of the terminal.

Online Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
Reply #5 on: November 06, 2015, 09:02:19 AM
I'll go through this, photo by photo.

Photo 1:

The UF4007's aren't mounted in the manner specified in the manual.  You may have a short here because of this.  Most of the solder joints in this photo look like they have not been flowed for enough time. 

Photo 2:

You need to trim your leads.  The wire at A4/A5 has a lot of bare wire exposed.  Notice on page 22 how the red wire going into A4/A5 has the red jacket almost touching the pins?  That's how you want that wire to sit.

Photo 3:

More solder joints in the power supply that need to be reflowed, especially at the capacitor by the power switch.

Photo 4:

The solder joints at 18 and 19 aren't flowed, especially at terminal 19.

Photo 5:

One mounting screw on the 9 pin socket is the wrong screw.  If the wire poking out of terminal 1L is touching the chassis, the amp will not work properly.

On a general note, your power transformer is not mounted in the manner specified in the manual.  You will need to remove it and place the hardware in the proper locations.  This must be done before attempting any additional measurements.

Paul "PB" Birkeland

Offline evertzzz

Reply #6 on: December 21, 2015, 03:47:29 PM
Sorry for the late reply.
I reassembled the transformator, resolder the diode to the right place and resolder the terminal 19 but, the fuse was still blown. I have uploaded the pictures.
There is one thing that I want to ask about the electricity. Currently, I am living in japan, will the difference of the electricity affect the amplifier?
Once again thanks for the help.

Online Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
Reply #7 on: December 27, 2015, 07:54:21 AM
On photo #1 - if the wire at A4/5 touches A6, you will blow every fuse you put in the amplifier.  The jacked on the wire going to A4/5 needs to be up against A5. 

On photo #3 - there is one UF4007 diode that looks like its leads might be touching the chassis plate.  If this happens, the fuse will blow.  I would reheat those joints and pull the diode closer to the terminal strip.

Paul "PB" Birkeland

Offline Rocketman248

Reply #8 on: December 27, 2015, 11:25:35 AM
There is one thing that I want to ask about the electricity. Currently, I am living in japan, will the difference of the electricity affect the amplifier?
Once again thanks for the help.

I live in Japan, and have a bunch of Bottlehead amps.  I haven't had any issues with the lower voltage.  Just know that all your readings will be slightly under what it says in the instructions. 

Nick DeBrita
Yokosuka, Japan