Voltage check point

tomn3 · 2283

Offline tomn3

on: June 26, 2016, 12:47:03 PM
This is a very basic question, but I have noticed that the Seductor instructions for voltage test, clipping the black test lead to the ground buss (page 54) mention a ground post at the front of the chassis, which was a little confusing.

I recall the ground post in the Reduction instructions, but on the Seductor, I could not identify a ground post, although there are several points that are grounded to the mounting plate near the front and ultimately to the safety ground.  I was wondering whether to go back to 18U, the ground buss site for resistance checks) or to clip to the safety ground near the IEC entry (I noticed that was mentioned in other Bottlehead forum sections), or clip to a terminal strip point that is grounded to the mounting plate.  Is there a good place (near a numbered point) to clip the black lead to the ground buss for the voltage checks?

Thanks,
Tom

George Merrill Polytable TT + Grado Opus 3
Reduction+Smash+Seductor
Allo Digione
Omega Junior 8 XRS tower speakers

Offline fullheadofnothing

• Global Moderator
  • A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man
Reply #1 on: June 26, 2016, 01:00:10 PM
It's a typo. Use terminal 18.

Joshua Harris

I Write the Manuals That Make The Whole World Sing
Kit Packer Emeritus

Offline tomn3

Reply #2 on: June 26, 2016, 02:12:40 PM
Thanks for the help!

I just realized I had a typo, instead of 18U, my resistance checks were black lead to terminal 9U as the ground buss, so I'll just continue to use 9U as the ground buss for the voltage checks.

Tom

George Merrill Polytable TT + Grado Opus 3
Reduction+Smash+Seductor
Allo Digione
Omega Junior 8 XRS tower speakers