Seduction And Reduction Tube Equivalents

Grainger49 · 21409

Offline Grainger49

Reply #30 on: May 08, 2011, 11:59:20 PM
Yes, DC is better, lower noised, than AC.  I can't give you a schematic and parts list because I haven't done that.  You will need to get that from someone else.

Feed the supply from a 6.3 to 7V transformer winding.  You will need 4 diodes, UF4007 are fine, Cree soft recovery diodes are better.  You will need two 1000uF 16V capacitors and a 100 ohm 1/2 watt resistor.

I suspect that there are fixed voltage regulators for 6.3V, certainly 6V and rated at 1.5A minimum 2A is better.  A fixed regulator has three pins and puts out the specified voltage with a little of the input voltage wasted.  One pin is the input, one the output and the other is the "reference" pin.  That is attached to the voltage you want to regulate to by resistors.  I believe it is grounded when you are using a fixed regulator chip.

With 6.3V AC rectified and filtered you get a little more than 6.3V DC and the regulator wastes some of that voltage in the regulation process.  There are also variable output regulators that you can set up to put out any voltage you want. 

That is the best I can give you.  Maybe others might give more specifics if you want to start a thread in Tech Topics for a Seduction regulated heater supply.

Offline Dobs

Reply #31 on: May 09, 2011, 09:46:07 AM

Offline Grainger49

Reply #32 on: September 07, 2013, 02:03:31 AM
Bumped to include Reduction in the title.