Progress report

Doc B. · 22547

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #60 on: July 20, 2012, 08:16:10 AM
Woo Hoo! First kits are shipping out today, with more to follow next week. I am as excited about this kit as any we have ever done. We broke a lot of rules and ended up with something that everyone seems to really dig. Thanks to all the crew - PJ, Shawn, PB, Josh and my Queen Bee for pulling so hard on the oars on this one.

Now that we have kits to go around Shawn will be building up a few. I will be sending some samples out to some artists I know. If they give me permission I'll let you know who they are and what their impressions are.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 10:29:52 AM by Doc B. »

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Offline fullheadofnothing

• Global Moderator
  • A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man
Reply #61 on: July 20, 2012, 09:46:21 AM
Since people are going to start getting kits soon, I figure it's time to brush up on guitar playing:

Adult language is used in this video.

Joshua Harris

I Write the Manuals That Make The Whole World Sing
Kit Packer Emeritus

Offline Grainger49

Reply #62 on: July 20, 2012, 10:12:55 AM
The teacher is related to ET.

Offline dw

Reply #63 on: July 20, 2012, 04:20:52 PM
Well, my son Dylan, 9, has been playing guitar for a little less than a year. His amp is a
Fender blues Jr, about $500. He plays pretty much daily, and I'm looking for any way to
encourage him. I figure building one of these might be a good way. The sound on the
youtube videos is great! I'll let you know which amp he likes better - as I just ordered one.

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #64 on: July 20, 2012, 04:55:55 PM
Thank you so much for ordering, and for the kind words about the sound of the amp! I think we have about four or five kits left from this first run. After those are gone the price will have to go up to $599.

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Offline dnm

Reply #65 on: July 21, 2012, 09:24:51 AM
Yep the Todes are shipping!     

They're just a hop, skip and a jump away from their proud new builder/owners!!!!   

Offline Dyna Saur

• Yippie-Ki-Yay....
Reply #66 on: July 22, 2012, 06:02:36 PM
Woo Hoo!!!!    I suppose I'll have to clean all the "wreckage"  off the workbench, and warm up the soldering iron  :) ;D

Has anybody played a 60's  vintage Gibson SG through a Tode yet?   
Sold my Les Paul and 1965 Jazzmaster a few years ago, got some very  good $$$ but, darn! I wish I'd have kept them... :'(

/ed B in NC   (Order placed June 13th)

I have previously refered to the Tode over at DIYtube.com  

http://www.diytube.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=43955#43955
« Last Edit: July 22, 2012, 06:34:14 PM by Dyna Saur »

ed brown

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #67 on: July 23, 2012, 03:55:01 AM
Along with the guitars used in the demos others that I've heard include another Strat, a Gretsch White Falcon, a Danelectro (can't remember model), a LP, a couple of Teles, what I think was a Schecter, and that gorgeous guitar by David Myka that he played at the guitar show
(http://www.mykaguitars.com/instruments/120/11.jpg)

We've really been slamming to get the kits out and there are only three complete amps out there so far. Two of them belong to guys who will use them primarily with acoustic electrics - Mino Christante, who ordered one the day he did the demo for us,

http://www.minochristante.com/index.php/en/

and Saith

http://www.saithmusic.com/index.php

I can't mention the artist who got the third one until I hear back from them. Shawn should be finishing up #4 today, which I will be try to keep around here for a little while! Anyway, I'm hoping we will see some commentary over the next few weeks as the kits get out there (more shipping this week once we get a couple of back ordered resistors in). I will be putting up more videos done here at BHQ. I think the next one is tentatively scheduled for weekend after next, a player who can really shred on a 7 string and 8 string Ibanez. When I can get one to him Art Khu will do a jazz demo for us (he's been studying with Tuck Andress lately).  Hopefully some kit builders will do audio and/or video demos of their own as well.

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Offline Grainger49

Reply #68 on: July 23, 2012, 05:00:03 AM
God!  That is beautiful wood!

Offline dbishopbliss

Reply #69 on: July 27, 2012, 11:07:09 AM
Got my box today!!! I'll be firing up the soldering iron today.  I'm thinking about something custom for the cabinet.  I'll post pictures.

David B Bliss
Bottlehead: Foreplay I, Foreplay III, Paramour I w/Iron Upgrade, S.E.X. w/Iron Upgrade
Speakers: FE127E Metronomes, Jim Griffin Jordan/Aurum Cantus Monitors, ART Arrays
Other: Lightspeed Attenuator, "My Ref" Rev C Amps, Lampucera DAC

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #70 on: July 27, 2012, 12:21:59 PM
Glad to hear the first kits we shipped are showing up. We ran short of one resistor that held up shipping the more recent first run orders but that has arrived and we should be shipping more early next week.

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.