Anyone got a super secret tube stash? What's still out there?

mortron · 7204

4krow

Reply #30 on: August 28, 2013, 09:11:28 PM
 I left my Quickie on overnite once. I wondered if it made any difference. Something tells me that most of the tubes that we buy for this kit have relatively few hours on them, and many of them may not even be burned in all the way.

Offline adamct

• Maxxximum CAPacity Crack
Reply #31 on: August 29, 2013, 01:30:43 AM
I left my Quickie on overnite once.

This is very, very easy to do with the Quickie, which is why I installed an LED in my build, and would recommend that others do the same. It is a dead simple and quite cheap mod. Frankly, I think an LED should be included in the kit, although I realize that goes against the minimalist approach and the Bottlehead team prefers to leave those decisions up to each builder.

Offline Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
Reply #32 on: August 29, 2013, 06:09:06 AM
I left my Quickie on overnite once. I wondered if it made any difference. Something tells me that most of the tubes that we buy for this kit have relatively few hours on them, and many of them may not even be burned in all the way.

I don't believe we have ever packaged Quickies with used 3S4's, as used 3S4's are nearly impossible to find.

Paul "PB" Birkeland

Bottlehead Grunt & The Repro Man

4krow

Reply #33 on: August 29, 2013, 08:43:27 AM
 Yes, and when we go to buy more, they are new as well. I still had a kid like moment taking the cellophane stripe off the tube box like a pack of Salems.

Offline earwaxxer

Reply #34 on: September 01, 2013, 04:08:01 PM
I left my Q on all night last night... Thats one thing I like about batteries. When the heater batteries go dead - then its off. I use AA rechargeables. They dont last a whole night on... Those tubes will probably outlive us anyway... no worries. We'll be in an old fucks home and the tubes in the Q will still be good. - dont know about you, but - thats where I'll be - looking forward to it too....

Eric
Emotiva XPA-2, Magnepan MMG (mod), Quickie (mod), JRiver, Wyrd4sound uLink, Schiit Gungnir, JPS Digital power cord, MIT power cord, JPS Labs ultraconductor wire throughout, HSU sub. powered by Crown.

4krow

Reply #35 on: September 02, 2013, 05:25:00 AM
  Don't they have a restraining order against you?

Offline earwaxxer

Reply #36 on: September 02, 2013, 09:37:10 AM
  Don't they have a restraining order against you?

No, that was my cousin... Billy Bob, you remember him?

Eric
Emotiva XPA-2, Magnepan MMG (mod), Quickie (mod), JRiver, Wyrd4sound uLink, Schiit Gungnir, JPS Digital power cord, MIT power cord, JPS Labs ultraconductor wire throughout, HSU sub. powered by Crown.