The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway

azrockitman · 9830

Offline Chris

Reply #15 on: August 19, 2013, 12:00:12 PM
No No no... You guys are way wrong and have completely lost your heads.... Gabriel simply cannot compare with GREATS such as Sussudio and Billy Don't Lose My Number!!  Let's get serious here  guys......

Offline Chris

Reply #16 on: August 19, 2013, 12:02:07 PM
Let the FLAMES begin...... :)
And I think it wasnt so much the music that freaked Deb's staff out, It was her "air" drumming on the patient's forehead that was probably the culprit....
« Last Edit: August 19, 2013, 12:05:13 PM by Chris »

Offline Natural Sound

Reply #17 on: August 19, 2013, 12:26:57 PM
No No no... You guys are way wrong and have completely lost your heads.... Gabriel simply cannot compare with GREATS such as Sussudio and Billy Don't Lose My Number!!  Let's get serious here  guys......

:) I thought I was going to get slammed for my Phil Collins comment but it never came. Either the guys here are very tolerant, in full agreement with what I said or don't care.  ;)

Offline earwaxxer

Reply #18 on: August 19, 2013, 01:42:11 PM
No - Genesis heads don't have any fuzzies for Phil. I LOVED him as a drummer! My wife, who is 7 yrs my junior loves the Phil Genesis.

Eric
Emotiva XPA-2, Magnepan MMG (mod), Quickie (mod), JRiver, Wyrd4sound uLink, Schiit Gungnir, JPS Digital power cord, MIT power cord, JPS Labs ultraconductor wire throughout, HSU sub. powered by Crown.

Offline Chris

Reply #19 on: August 19, 2013, 09:22:12 PM
Yeah.. Really in a nutshell, they are two different bands in which both versions can be enjoyed if one allows it...

Offline Natural Sound

Reply #20 on: August 20, 2013, 02:21:25 PM
Yeah.. Really in a nutshell, they are two different bands in which both versions can be enjoyed if one allows it...
Agreed. Genesis actually became more successful after the departure of Peter Gabriel. I just happen to enjoy the earlier material better. As for Peter's solo career..... not so much.

Offline azrockitman

Reply #21 on: August 20, 2013, 03:30:24 PM
Speaking of PG, one of the single most amazing concert video DVD's is his "Growing up Live".  The opening song is a little slow but after that, the entire show rocks and causes your mouth to drop open several times.  It's one of the best music and theatrical pieces I've ever seen.  His daughter sings on that tour with him.  Highly recommended. 

Esoteric DV-50, Technics SL1200-M3D, B&K Phono 10 Preamp, Sumiko Blue Point Special Evo III, Bottlehead Stereomour, Orca's

Offline Natural Sound

Reply #22 on: August 20, 2013, 06:42:04 PM
Speaking of PG, one of the single most amazing concert video DVD's is his "Growing up Live".  The opening song is a little slow but after that, the entire show rocks and causes your mouth to drop open several times.  It's one of the best music and theatrical pieces I've ever seen.  His daughter sings on that tour with him.  Highly recommended.
Is that the one where Peter rides around the stage on a bicycle?

Offline azrockitman

Reply #23 on: August 20, 2013, 06:55:16 PM
yes, among other theatrics. 

Esoteric DV-50, Technics SL1200-M3D, B&K Phono 10 Preamp, Sumiko Blue Point Special Evo III, Bottlehead Stereomour, Orca's

Offline Chris

Reply #24 on: August 21, 2013, 05:28:11 PM
Yes I agree about PG solo career... After Genesis, it was a little disappointing...Shock the Monkey, Sledgehammer??? Never liked it...

Offline guf

Reply #25 on: August 21, 2013, 05:57:35 PM

my life some how skipped the classic rock stage. I honestly just listened to this this afternoon for the first time.  Because of this article.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/phish-hope-to-perform-genesis-album-with-peter-gabriel-on-halloween-20130821

really inviting flaming now  :)

Offline porcupunctis

• 0D3
Reply #26 on: August 22, 2013, 10:38:34 AM
Don't forget Brand X.  I think Phil redeemed himself from his pop indulgences there.

Randall Massey
Teacher of Mathematics
Lifetime audio-electronics junkie

Offline earwaxxer

Reply #27 on: August 22, 2013, 01:19:41 PM
The interesting thing about PC is, he didn't want the lead singer gig AT ALL! He looked down on that sort of thing. He was a purest behind the kit. That's where he belonged and we all loved him there. When he was slated to be the lead singer he insisted on finding a drummer who could EXACTLY mimick his style.

Eric
Emotiva XPA-2, Magnepan MMG (mod), Quickie (mod), JRiver, Wyrd4sound uLink, Schiit Gungnir, JPS Digital power cord, MIT power cord, JPS Labs ultraconductor wire throughout, HSU sub. powered by Crown.

Offline azrockitman

Reply #28 on: August 22, 2013, 02:29:37 PM
I swear I learn something new everyday on this site....and it's not all about soldering and resistors and rolling tubes... ;D
I have never heard of Brand X.....looking at the release dates, that was right when genesis (w/o Peter) was rolling forward.  can't believe I never knew about that group, but now I get to discover it as if it's new.

Thanks for the comment.

Offline Natural Sound

Reply #29 on: August 30, 2014, 07:58:38 AM
I hope nobody minds me resurrecting an old thread. I just felt that this was a great place to post a video I stumbled across. Anyone who likes old Genesis needs to see this classic. Some of the comments below the video are funny too like, "Peter Gabriel looks like a flat chested schoolgirl."  :)

« Last Edit: August 30, 2014, 08:19:37 AM by Natural Sound »