Fyi about cd transports

Guest · 10165

Offline denti alligator

Reply #15 on: September 15, 2013, 09:31:29 AM
Sure, and in the new build of JRemote we'll get gapless and 24/96 lossless, but I'm suspect of getting the data for lossless music wirelessly. It just can't be as good as a wired connection, or?

- Sam

Rega P3-24 (w/AT 150MLX) w/Groovetracer upgrades / Eros II / FLAC >J.River >DSD256 >Gustard X20 / Moreplay > Stereomour II / Klipsch Forte II w/Crites upgrades / C4S S.E.X. 2.0 +Nickel MQ Iron / Speedball Crack / Sennheiser HD600 w/Cardas cable

Offline xcortes

Reply #16 on: September 15, 2013, 10:15:19 AM
A cdp still can't be beaten for simplicity. I've been into high end music servers and they sound ok but while they never beat analog media they are equally cumbersome to to operate.

Want simplicity? A good transport with an NOS dac. Want the best, go analog.

My two pesos.

Xavier Cortes

Offline Chris

Reply #17 on: September 16, 2013, 07:41:04 AM
And all who agree say "I"...... I.....

Offline BobL

Reply #18 on: February 02, 2014, 07:18:13 AM
A cdp still can't be beaten for simplicity. I've been into high end music servers and they sound ok but while they never beat analog media they are equally cumbersome to to operate.

Want simplicity? A good transport with an NOS dac. Want the best, go analog.

My two pesos.

I gave up LP a long time ago, but I agree that if you have the patience to use it, a (very) large amount of cash for the player, and lots of space to store the discs, this may be the best, but none of these conditions apply to me. The other analog (ue

Offline Grainger49

Reply #19 on: February 02, 2014, 09:28:49 AM
    .  .  .    if you have the patience to use it, a (very) large amount of cash for the player    .  .  .  .     

Bob,

This is a whole 'nother thread but I disagree that it takes an extraordinary amount of cash to have a vinyl system that disgraces a killlobuck digital rig. 

Post in Vinyl and we will continue.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2014, 03:30:00 AM by Grainger49 »

Offline Natural Sound

Reply #20 on: February 02, 2014, 02:17:36 PM
    .  .  .    if you have the patience to use it, a (very) large amount of cash for the player    .  .  .  .     

Bob,

This is a whole 'nother thread but I disagree that it takes an extraordinary amount of cash to have a vinyl system that disgraces a killlobuck digital rig. 

Post in Vinyl and we will continue.

+1

Offline ToneDeaf

Reply #21 on: February 17, 2018, 09:53:36 AM
Damn,
     I must be a dinosaur. I have a custom built Quantum CD transport. I'm retired and don't listen to music if I travel ( not often ). It then goes to a very modified Jolida Glass FX Tube DAC.  And then to a 300B amp that I built, and Madisound BK-16 and two bucket subs driven by a Crown XLS 1500.  I never listen to music from my computer. Like I said, A dinosaur. I am going to put the output of the DAC to a mainline amp and headphones. Just waiting on the Mainline to get here.I'm probably missing a lot but I like it simple.