Schiit Bifrost + Crack = good combo

howzz1854 · 2417

Offline howzz1854

on: December 02, 2014, 07:18:28 PM
since i haven't seen that many people pairing the Bifrost with the Crack and not much feedbacks on the two combo. i figure i'll put up my 2 cent.

so i finally plowed down a couple more hundred bucks and decided to get the Bifrost to go with the Crack that i've come to enjoy so much. Again, thanks to PB and fellow forum members who helped me through the process to get my amp up and running to this point.

for the past couple weeks, since i've been using the amp, i've been having off and on interference issues due to the DAC is located on the Asus Xonar STX card, which isn't a bad slouch, and actually is one of the best solutions you can get for a PC. but the RCA output somehow was just giving me interferences that drove me crazy.

the Bifrost arrived today. i must say it just made it that much better. i wouldn't say is a night and day difference, but music definitely sound more "Organic" is the word i would describe, and "fluid"; together with Crack's "spacious" "smooth" and "full" sound, i feel like i am listening to my jazz music at the club. :)

if anyone ever wonders if Schiit Bifrost and crack would be a good combo, i can attest that they are. :)
another way to describe the DAC difference, compare to the Xonar STX, is like going from Dolby Digital 640Kb to TrueHD 1500Kb. it's just much fuller, and MORE.

« Last Edit: December 02, 2014, 07:20:42 PM by howzz1854 »

Xonar Essence STX >> Schiit Bifrost >> Bottlehead Crack (TS 7236/RCA 5963) >> HD800s

Offline John EH

Reply #1 on: December 02, 2014, 10:00:50 PM
Concur.  I have a Bifrost that I use with my Crack. Stunning sound.   Now get you a Western Electric 421A if you want to push it further.

Offline hwaitung

Reply #2 on: December 03, 2014, 12:09:24 AM
An out-board DAC is always preferable if money and space is not a concern. BTW, how do u connect your DAC to the PC?

Offline howzz1854

Reply #3 on: December 03, 2014, 04:27:35 PM
An out-board DAC is always preferable if money and space is not a concern. BTW, how do u connect your DAC to the PC?

i use SPDIF. :)

Xonar Essence STX >> Schiit Bifrost >> Bottlehead Crack (TS 7236/RCA 5963) >> HD800s