how is Quickie easy to build?

charger · 13847

Offline corndog71

Reply #15 on: August 01, 2013, 08:08:08 AM
I wonder if anyone gets tired of us highjacking their threads.

The world was made for those not cursed with self-awareness.

Rob

Offline earwaxxer

Reply #16 on: August 01, 2013, 08:35:24 AM
Rob, all you have to do is add a line about how easy the quickie is to build - because its WAY easy to build!

Eric
Emotiva XPA-2, Magnepan MMG (mod), Quickie (mod), JRiver, Wyrd4sound uLink, Schiit Gungnir, JPS Digital power cord, MIT power cord, JPS Labs ultraconductor wire throughout, HSU sub. powered by Crown.

4krow

Reply #17 on: August 01, 2013, 08:40:42 AM
yup, you can use your imagination even on the first build

Offline adamct

• Maxxximum CAPacity Crack
Reply #18 on: August 01, 2013, 09:07:53 AM
yup, you can use your imagination even on the first build

This is kind of important. The Quickie is cheap, high-performing, easy to build, and super-easy to modify. I think that combination makes it the perfect hook for those nasty Bottlehead pushers, trying to ply you with Crack, S.E.X., and rock-and-roll, I mean, erm....Todes?  ::)

Offline adamct

Reply #19 on: August 01, 2013, 09:13:56 AM
I wonder if anyone gets tired of us highjacking their threads.

FWIW, I don't get tired of it. It keeps things vaguely amusing (don't let that go to your heads), provided the discussion doesn't get too far off-colortopic. And it helps fill in lulls when things otherwise get quiet.

The only downside is that it does tend to create very long threads, so that useful information can be buried and harder to find. But that's what the search function is for, right?  ;)

4krow

Reply #20 on: August 01, 2013, 10:15:06 AM
  I agree, too much 'reigning in' can get in the way of a good time. It can be difficult to stay on topic sometimes when interesting is introduced. Of course there are those things that lead to off topic discussions more than others, like 'What size resistor should I use?" compared to "What do you think about the solid state stuff from the 70's?" One invariably down an old memory lane.

Offline Grainger49

Reply #21 on: August 01, 2013, 10:19:54 AM
Follow these instructions and you will have a working first kit:

1) Read the instructions before starting, collect the needed tools (see my sticky post in Tech Tools).

2) Take your time, look closely at each picture, measure the resistance of each resistor before installing it.

3) First make a good crimped connection then solder.

4) Don't build it at night, do it during the day on the weekend.  Be refreshed.

Enjoy the music!

Offline adamct

Reply #22 on: August 01, 2013, 10:27:13 AM
4) Don't build it at night, do it during the day on the weekend.

Spoken like someone who either (a) doesn't have children, or (b) has grown children!  ;D  ;)

4krow

Reply #23 on: August 01, 2013, 10:39:33 AM
  Grainger,
  All of your advise applies, but I say that #3, crimping a good connection is one I try to follow in everything I do electrically. It ALWAYS takes me longer than others for my projects.

Offline Grainger49

Reply #24 on: August 01, 2013, 10:44:09 AM
Adam,

It is (a).

Greg,

I got to be pretty efficient at Habitat (house electrician) crimping my #12 wires around the screws before tightening them down.  They were not coming off unless someone used needle nosed pliers like I did attaching the wires.

4krow

Reply #25 on: August 01, 2013, 11:32:06 AM
 heh heh, yah, sometimes I cuss myself when I have re-enter an electrical job that I've done. I do the same thing, and I learned that with outlets, you tighten twice, once making the connection, and again just before it goes into it's hole.

Offline adamct

Reply #26 on: August 01, 2013, 11:56:49 AM
Greg, your "SELF PORTRAIT" is freaking me out...

;)
Adam

4krow

Reply #27 on: August 01, 2013, 12:48:43 PM
  Look outside your window, in the bushes. No, not there, that's OJ, a little to the right.

Offline adamct

Reply #28 on: August 01, 2013, 01:04:37 PM
 :o :P

That made me laugh...

Offline charger

Reply #29 on: August 01, 2013, 09:16:45 PM
today my Q will be here and i will begin to work on it !! :P

Oppo 980H - PC - Arcam rDac- Bottlehead Quickie- Abletec ALC040 - Signal cables Atlas Element Integra-speakers cables Tellerium Q black-Martin Logan Motion 15